Wednesday, January 04, 2006

2005 in review

So last year was a big one for me...so here's what went on (and in no particular order):

1. A few of my last remaining single friends got married (Ronda, Laura, Kelly)

2. I stopped going to Manley because it was in Morristown and I was in Knoxville (too far)

3. Because of the above, I basically stopped going to church...and discovered how desparately I
need that organized, focused time with God...yet I couldn't ever get myself in line

4. I got what was basically the job I've said I wanted for about 5 years now....I have enjoyed
myself, although if I want to keep doing this job when grad school is over, I'll need more hours

5. The spring 2005 semester sucked pretty hard which left me hanging on whether I wanted to
go back or not...I chose to go back and renewed my lease on my apartment (this would be
important later).

6. I started back to school in the fall and discovered that I still hated it and it still sucked, but I
tried to make the most of it...thank goodness the dream job in #4 fell in my lap to give a
bright spot to my week

7. One of my closest friends from college had a baby in July (just before my birthday)...he's SO
cute

8. I turned 25 (a quarter of a century....geez), in July

9. My best friend and roommate here in Knoxville had enough of her crappy job and decided to
leave it....and thus move home in order to have time to prepare for grad school auditions

10. Because I hated school and wanted a little bit of an easy semester, I decided to take very
few classes when it starts back next week

11. Because Amanda is moving home, I decided to leave Knoxville too. I decided to move
closer to work...esp since it's 30 minutes from UT to the Knox apt and 30 min from UT to
Jeff City.

12. Because Amanda and I are leaving, I have to break my lease...or at least fulfill the
of leaving early...and pay a penalty and give 60 days notice

13. I secured an apartment in Jeff City within walking distance!!...the only unfortunate thing
is that bc of the 60 day notice and month penalty, my mom will be paying rent on 2 apts.
for 3 months

14. My weight has been an issue all year...it is a fluctuating disaster. I'm hoping moving to Jeff
City will help me get back in routines that I lost when I moved to knoxville. It should be
better!

15. I only dated one person this year and it was vague and brief. It was a set up from the
church pianist (my friend)....she set me up with her 30 year old brother. He still had ex
issues (as in she popped into his life a lot) and nothing came of it. But he did get my humor
and my thinking which was a highlight of the year for me...if only brief.

16. I started this blog, but I sucked at keeping it active. I think since I'll be living alone and
bored, I'll probably write a lot more in the coming months.


This year has seemed retroactive to me. I mean spiritually, physically, mentally...I feel like I moved backwards from last year. I hate to think that I wasted a year, but school was a bust, diet was a bust, dating was a bust and my playing was a bust. I haven't read much; I haven't learned much; and I haven't done much. The job was my definite bright spot of the year. I met some pretty great kids at CN this year and really have felt useful and fulfilled there. It was a nice addition to my life. Hopefully the move to Jeff City and living alone will force me to deal with some things I need to deal with. I hope that I can get on track exercising and eating better, I hope I can get back in church and get involved, I hope that I can get my prayer life in order, I hope that I can be more social...make more friends and keep up better with older ones. I also hope that I can focus on the classes I take and figure out what it is that I want out of the grad school experience. I suppose those are my "resolutions" of sorts....they certainly are my aspirations for the coming months.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I am sorry I missed you too! Thanks for mentioning me in your year in review...I feel special. What apartments are you renting? Heritage Court? Email me....don't post that on your blog in case you have a stalker or something! Talk to you soon!

About Me

My photo
I moved to Nashville to start (another) grad school. It's scary, but it's also cool because my best friend and I are finally in grad school together...delayed, but it happened.