Sunday, August 28, 2005

Ugly Duckling

So I have a bit of an addiction, so here we go: Hello my name is Nicole and I am a quizoholic. I LOVE to take quizzes on the internet, in magazines, books, etc. So tonight I was taking some personality quizzes online (those are my favorite type of quiz) and ran across the Jung Typology personality test and got the results...I'm an INFP. This led me to retake a test I took a few years ago, the Kiersey Temperament Sorter. I wondered if my personality had shifted at all over the past few years of growing up and changes in my life....it hadn't at all. Here are the results for that:

Being a Healer (INFP)
As a Healer, you have the capacity to care deeply about the inner lives of those close to you, as well as about favorite causes in the world at large. More than other types, you can have a great passion and ability to heal the conflicts that trouble individuals or divide groups. In your efforts, you seek to bring wholeness and health to others as well as to yourself.
Healers typically possess a profound sense of idealism, the kind that comes from a strong personal sense of right and wrong. As a result, you may view the world around you as an ethical, honorable place, full of wondrous possibilities and potential goods. For others to understand you well, they should know the kind of deep commitment you can have to the things you see as positive and good. At times, you can display an almost boundless selflessness. This willingness to make extraordinary sacrifices for the people and things you believe in can be very inspiring.
Because your type is set off from the rest of the world by a sense of privacy and the mere fact that there are so few of you (around one percent of the population), Healers like you can sometimes feel isolated in your idealism. You may also feel a sense of separation because of an often-misunderstood childhood. If your early years were as fantasy-filled as most Healers' were, you might have been discouraged or even punished for your wild notions. If grownups told you to get your head out of the clouds, you probably began believing that being fanciful or dreamy was bad. This belief may have lead to a bit of an ugly duckling complex. In truth, you likely were - and are -- quite all right just as you are. Know that you're simply different from most others, like a swan reared in a family of ducks.
In professional and scholastic situations, your type can be quite adaptable. This tendency can include an ability to welcome new ideas and information, as well as having patience when complicated situations arise. You are not, however, one to be patient handling routine details. Chances are, you have a natural interest in scholarly activities. You're also apt to demonstrate a remarkable facility with language, a talent possessed by most of your fellow Idealists (NFs). Others likely admire your gift for telling tall tales, or for writing stories of your own in lyrical, poetic fashion.
Socially, you tend to relate well with others because of your ability to keenly tune into people's feelings. However, because of your usually private nature, you can also be quite happy alone. When it comes to making decisions big and small, you're apt to follow your heart rather than your head. So although you sometimes make errors of fact, you'll seldom make errors of feeling. You're a person who tends to be well acquainted with your inner life, and who can use that knowledge to your benefit. Frequently this inner voice can call you to go forth into the world and help others. This is a message you seem ready to answer, even if you must sometimes sacrifice your own comfort to do it. ___________________________________________________________________

Hopefully this will help everyone gain some insight into me and my personality :). I find things like this intriguing. I hope that some of you do also. Here are the links if you guys want to take them.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
http://www.advisorteam.com/temperament_sorter/register.asp?partid=1


2 comments:

Courtney said...

Nicole-
I too, have always been a healer. I take the test about once every two years and it has never changed so far. One percent of the population unite!!!

edhigg said...

I tested as an idealist/champion. I, too, have taken the keirsey test a number of times over the years. it never changed! very insightful.

About Me

My photo
I moved to Nashville to start (another) grad school. It's scary, but it's also cool because my best friend and I are finally in grad school together...delayed, but it happened.