Thursday, October 27, 2005

Life, how to I love thee? Let me count the ways...

So I suck at updating my blog. Here's what's been going on in my life.

1. I drive back and forth from Knoxville and Carson-Newman EVERY weekday. One day I actually only drive there for a single 30 min lesson.

2. I've actually tried to faithfully attend and pay attention to my song lit (aka: Verdi Survey/V.I.V.A Verdi).

3. Suffering through above class is made even more tedious and painful by hearing the word "doge" all this week...the only saving grace is Tadd's puns on the word (ex. just doging off, you guys are being doge-bags, etc.)

4. Thanks to my nearly equally painful diction class has helped me to be able to IPA the word "doge"...I would do it here but I don't have an 'edgzh' to do it.

5. My awesome and soon-to-be 16 year old nephew, Ben is in a great band called "Optional Reason" and they made a CD. His friend Matt wrote a lot of lyrics, Ben also wrote some....and Ben wrote and arranged all the music and played guitar for the CD. He's this great, wonderfully talented kid and I love him. I'm beaming with pride.

6. A week or two ago I went to the Trail of Doom in Corryton. I was an idiot and wore flip flops. I'm the biggest whiny weiner in the world...I HATED it. P.S. It's not really possible to run in flip flops in the darka nd keep them on your feet. I carried them in my shoes almost the whole time and went barefoot. No tetanus yet ;). My feet were pretty gross though.

7. I'm getting ready to sing in Hadyn's Creation. I'm an alto 1 in the army of KCS people.

8. I just cut my hair tonight...I guess that the longest part is about chin length and the shortest layer is to my ear. It had grown down to my shoulders. My mom might have a heart attack tomorrow when she sees it since she likes it long...we'll see.

9. I am a new VIP of Kanpai of Tokyo. That's not a joke. I love, love, love this restaurant. It's a Japanese Hibachi Steak House and it's SO good. They have good sushi there. I usually go there for Saturday lunch...sometimes more often or a different day. Nonetheless, since Amanda and I got this apartment together in Knoxville, we have eaten there a ton of times. Now I have a VIP card...sort of a bonus program. I think it's hilarious and great.

10. I stole this list format from Courtney. I hope that she doesn't mind! I just liked the idea a lot. Thanks Court.

Well, I hope that catches up people a little bit. Thanks to those who might still try to read this even though I've sucked at keeping it current. I love you guys.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

You're back! Yay!!! It made my morning to read your list, and since Grady has been up since 5, I needed a boost. I think he's teething. I pray he's teething so when he's done we can all get some sleep...
Good to know what's up with you!!!
Hugs
When are you coming to visit???
Spring Break???

About Me

My photo
I moved to Nashville to start (another) grad school. It's scary, but it's also cool because my best friend and I are finally in grad school together...delayed, but it happened.