Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Sheep

I would first like to begin by expressing my angst. I typed out an entire blog last night, but when I tried to publish it....poof*. I thought some really hateful things and then went to sleep. I'm a little bit technologically impaired. But, I'm going to give it a second go here.

On July 23, I went to see a concert. I am probably going to get some flack for this from my brother and maybe others of you out there, but I'm going to say it proudly: I saw Kelly Clarkson. I realize that she is very mainstream right now, but I like her.

I can trave this back to about 3 years ago when I lived with Courtney. She watched American Idol pretty religiously. In the beginning I tried to not go along with the ultra popular thing. I didn't want to be a sheep so I didn't watch it because everyone else was. At some point I was home and watched it with her. I got sucked in. I even voted for Kelly Clarkson in the finale...yep, I did.

If this should be a guilty pleasure, then I am guilty. I'll admit it; I loved the concert. I even sang along (yes, I know the words that well). If this makes me a sheep, then all I have to say is "baa, baa baby!".

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Ha! I sucked you in!!! Ah....the memories. But I will say I do miss our Thursday night Friends and Will and Grace obsession. Why do all the good shows have to end?

Anonymous said...

as your concert buddy, i have to say that i think KC is awesome! she is the most amazing belter EVER. don't be ashamed of your love for her...embrace it!

About Me

My photo
I moved to Nashville to start (another) grad school. It's scary, but it's also cool because my best friend and I are finally in grad school together...delayed, but it happened.